[TechAssist] Re: rca p60152 ptk169ptc conv problem

  • From: "Jerry" <geiting@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 19:57:12 -0400

What Larry said is a good possibility.  But if it is a convergence problem
(which only happen rarely on these), you can still pull the light box to
find it.  After seeing it in the home and noting the symptoms so you will
know what to look for, it the shop, put it on it's side and direct it to a
wall to see the picture.  A few convergence problems I have found in the
past on these are leaky or shorted convergence output transistors,  bad plug
and socket connections on the front convergence generator board,  static
discharge to the convergence generator board caused by dirty or missing
"shield" that is used on some models to insulate the board from high voltage
discharge.  This I have seen several times, and RCA has a bulletin out about
this. Hope this helps.

Jerry Eiting   geiting@xxxxxxxxxx
Christians Electronic Service
Piqua, Ohio