[TechAssist] Re: hitachi 43fdx10b DP15E convergance problem

  • From: "Bob Derrick" <bderrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 23:24:10 -0500

Usually I find it is just one amp and a resistor or two.  A Button in front
of the DCU is on all but the earliest will get you into service mode. Convg
usually only needs a touch up. low end models may not have Magic Focus [love
the name it's not magic and it's not focus] follow the instructions to touch
{and inilitilze if it has MF}. Rare but couple of times I found the memory
got corrupted then you may need the overlay to do a full convergence.
 trickiest  part I have found is trying to converge the lines in the horz
plane only. after getting it close the line will tend to meander and the
more you adjust it the more it will meander. the fix is that when you get
the adjustment close is to keep the courser one step ahead of the point you
are watching to adjust.  If the courser is off the screen the V size may be
set a bit too large, I have seen this a lot and usually just leave it but be
careful not to adjust areas you can't see as it will change the lin for that
color between the pattern lines and you won't notice till you exit SM and
look at the picture.

Bob
Leader TV and Video
Rochester, NY