[TechAssist] Re: Windows XP Question.

  • From: Al Gutz <alg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2006 21:53:16 -0500

Thanks Bil and Jay for the msconfig file. Installed and it works OK

My system has real player with was installed by one of my video editing
programs, its determined remove it from the startup and next time I
reboot system it wants to put it back in. Never use this so next step is
add/remove programs.

I use a program call "WinPatrole". It monitors the registary and
startup, if something wants to make changes you get a meassage with the
name of the file and its use. If you don't know what the file is you do
not allow it to install. Good for things like adware and spyware.
Free download for home use.

Al G