[TechAssist] Windows XP Question.

  • From: "Tel-Tek Electronics" <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 12:53:11 -0500

Hey Guys...here's a new one on me. I just finished installing Nero on my
computer. After the install a Microsoft message comes up after the initial
boot, that my software has changed significantly since I activated my XP. And
tells me that it must be re-activated within 3 days.
So I went back with my GoBack program and restored the computer before the
install of Nero...then stopped asking me to re-activate Windows XP.

What gives....does Microsoft now want to check your computer each time you
install a Non-Microsoft program????

Screw them. Although the Nero program belongs to me...I don't think I should
have to report to Microsoft on my software....am I right?

-Ed-
E. Gaidies
Tel-Tek Electronics
Ontario-Canada