[TechAssist] Re: Virus

  • From: "Bruce Tiedeman" <btied@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 12:18:51 -0400

Hi Ed,
Computers are fun when they work! I would go to the temp file folder and
rename it, If it is C:\ windows\temp xxxx? just rename it to
C:\windows\temp2. Now make a new C:\ windows\temp. If the computers works OK
you can delete the old file folder "temp", that has the virus hidden in it.
Windows always executes the temp folder each time it starts if the file is
some where else it won't find it hence no problem. It might be worth a try.

I hope my information is clear, if not will explain.

Bruce
B&T Electronics.