[TechAssist] Re: TOSHIBA TV - MDL: TZ55V61 DEAD AFTER STORM

  • From: Svatek227@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 11:45:35 EDT

Lowest price I have seen is $1900.00 on the net  most insurance carriers have
a $250 deductible so customer out of pocket is $250 and ins. pays the
remainder  some carriers call it an "act of God" and don't cover that either
but they
may say go ahead and repair it  then you can only exceed your estimate by 10%
 so be careful to get "whole " picture

Joe Svatek
Owner
Svatek's Electronics
227 Marten St.
Neenah,WI 54956-2520
Phone: (920) 751-8937
Fax :    (920) 751-3727
email:    Svatek227@xxxxxxx

In a message dated 8/7/2003 8:11:05 PM Central Daylight Time,
fremur01@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hello,
>
> Customer called earlier this week needing an insurance
> estimate for this projection set. It apparently has been
> struck by lightening. I "guesstimated via phone" around $400 for
> a power module if indeed it got damaged and made them
> aware that the insurance provider MAY write it off. I forgot
> to take in account the tuner.
>
> So, has anyone worked on this model, and how is Toshiba on
> list price?  I believe it has the TAC9952 chassis.
> I plan to go on site tomorrow to further evaluate and
> determine whether it is plausible to fix.
>
> TOSHIBA TV - MDL:  TZ55V61   DEAD AFTER STORM
>
> Thanks,
>
> Fred
> MTS Electronics
> Fayetteville, NC