[TechAssist] TOSHIBA TV - MDL: TZ55V61 DEAD AFTER STORM

  • From: <fremur01@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 21:09:32 -0400

Hello,

Customer called earlier this week needing a insurance
estimate for this projection set. It apparently has been
struck by lightening. I "guesstimated via phone" around $400 for
a power module if indeed it got damaged and made them
aware that the insurance provider MAY write it off. I forgot
to take in account the tuner.

So, has anyone worked on this model, and how is Toshiba on
list price?  I believe it has the TAC9952 chassis.
I plan to go on site tomorrow to further evaluate and
determine whether it is plausible to fix.

TOSHIBA TV - MDL:  TZ55V61   DEAD AFTER STORM

Thanks,

Fred
MTS Electronics
Fayetteville, NC