[TechAssist] Re: Sony LCD proj. KF-50WE610 (no chassis) no power

  • From: <damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:06:53 -0500

They took that bulletin off the website....if you have this TV under
warranty, check the serial number to see if the upgrade board applies first.

Replace the Lamp only, your spark gap is firing on the Ballast or actually
the Lamp Driver Board is what its listed as per Sony.

Now, if you want to increase firing reliability, and it has not been done,
you want to separate the HV wiring to the lamp by taping one wire to one
side of the box frame located right behind the lamp.....you know, the
plastic box frame covered up by the fan in back. Then just tape the other HV
wire as far away as possible....if you have access to Sony's website they
have a bulletin about this with pictures. Also, they have been shipping the
Phillips bulbs instead of the........other one........so I guess they are
now reliable.....so check both service bulletins regarding the wire
separation and the serial numbers so you don't get stuck  with a lamp driver
board, ok?

Damon Brunger
Telrad Electronics
Fort Wayne IN