[TechAssist] Re: Projo RCA CTC169 Dead with wrong standby voltages

  • From: Warren <warrenca@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2005 14:15:49 -0500

I would like to know :
If  there is a problem in the horiz section or elsewhere will it cause
the P.S. to give wrong standby voltages when the set is off
and won't turn on??.
I must establish if the problem is in the PS or not.
When you read the hints on the fishe(RCA)  it says that,  if you have
the 5 V standby  then the problem is probably elsewhere.
I have the 5V but the 15V standby is at 14.2 and the 143 is high and my
meter is having trouble reading the voltage.
Changed the meter and the same thing.
3 Volts also between the cathodes of two diodes at PS (#'s escape me
right now) is too high .All say that this should be <1V when in standby
If you read my first posts you will see that I've changed many of the
usual parts.
I must establish if the PS should give proper voltages on it's own when
plugged into the wall and possible problems elsewhere???
Thanks
Warren C