[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi WS-55311 dead set code 23

  • From: gulftech@xxxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 08:01:25 -0500

John,

Heat sink compound is NOT conductive; however, it could have been
contaminated by a substance that is conductive.

Another possibility is that the STK's shorted to the back.  No, I see you
had the heat sinks removed by then.

Put a glob of compound on a conductive surface and put your meter probes
to each side.  It will show infinite resistance, unless you are using
Eugene's chicken manure for compound.  :-)

Regards,

Ken

Kenneth Smith
Gulf Technical Services