[TechAssist] Mitsubishi WS-55311 dead set code 23 FIXED!

  • From: "John @ Myers TV" <myers_tv_b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 13:50:37 -0400

Hi Ken,

I agree. I know Heat sink compound is not conductive. But, I'm at a loss
to explain where this reading came from. I should still have the chips &
compound wadded up in a paper towel in tool bag. I'm going to
investigate further when I get to the shop in the AM.

The final chapter on the set was written a couple hours ago. When I was
re-installing the board Friday, one of the contacts in the KC connector
didn't seat properly. It was sticking out of the connector just a little
bit. This contact was the "- vertical drive" line. So, it's easy to see
why  the set didn't start. No vertical drive.
It took me about 5 minutes on the return trip to find it. I was hoping
it was something dumb like that. The set is now working fine, and I have
a large check in my call book.

In case anyone wants to see the manual for this set, I'm going to upload
it to the archives, and the members directory.

John Myers
Myers TV Service
376 E. State St.
Alliance, OH 44601