[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi WS-55311 dead set code 23

  • From: "Leonard Caillouet" <lcaillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 12:50:11 -0400

Did you replace the open pico fuse on the -24v line?  It will typically open
with a bad output IC.

The silicon that oozes out of the heat sink compound does not cause shorts,
just a mess.  A 55311 should be guttered from the factory so it should not
have coolant on the board.

Leonard Caillouet
Electronics World
1261 NW 76 Blvd