[TechAssist] Re: Mitsubishi WS-55311 dead set code 23

  • From: "John @ Myers TV" <myers_tv_b@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:54:35 -0400

Hi Jeff,

Yes, exactly. I believe the grease was conductive. I measured less that
10 Ohms to ground on the -24V line I assumed that we needed to replace
the Convergence IC's.
After unhooking the the cables to that board, and removing the hold down
screws, I checked again, and got a reading of  150 Ohms. At this point,
the  heat sinks had been removed from the board. I then double checked
all my readings on both boards. I was getting a low resistance reading
from the -24V line to ground. This reading disappeared after I wiped the
heat sink compound from the board. I felt it was prudent at that point
to replace the IC's anyway.
Good point about the vertical system failure.  Although there's a
separate code for Vertical failures, it bears checking. On the V20
chassis, the +24V line feeds the Vertical section. Fuses are god on both
+ & - supplies.
I'm planning a return trip on Wednesday, armed with the scope. I'll be
prepared to pull the guts, if I can't track it down on site.

John Myers
Myers TV Service
Alliance, OH