[TechAssist] Re: Delivering TV's in cold weather.

  • From: Bil Green <tv.vcrrepair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "damon101@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 00:31:01 -0800

I've delivered countless TVs in cold weather and never had a problem.
I was surprised one day when I found most of the small TV modules
(1970's) in my truck broken in half.

I first thought, who would do that? (I had no employees at that time).
Then I realized the temp. had dropped to 18 degrees below zero that
week. Apparently the copper shrinks at a different rate than the board
material.

Bil Green
PC 1000
Mammoth Lakes, CA 93546

dhn> I just tell the customers that the TV is cold and recommend they wait until
dhn> the Tv gets close to room temperature, but if they want I'll fire it up for
dhn> a few seconds, but I prefer not to, but it's YOUR decision......

dhn> Most give it a little time and pay the bill and I'm on my way......

dhn> Damon Brunger
dhn> Telrad Electronics
dhn> Fort Wayne IN
dhn> ----- Original Message -----
dhn> From: "John @ Myers TV" <myers_tv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
dhn> To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
dhn> Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2005 5:09 PM
dhn> Subject: [TechAssist] Re: Delivering TV's in cold weather.

>> Kevin,
>>
>> When we delivered PTV's in the cold weather (or warm), we'd cover them
dhn> with
>> blankets. They are delivered in an open truck.
>>
>> On the smaller sets, we do the same, or ride the set up front. Most
>> important, is to minimize the amount of outside time whenever possible.
>>
>> I have had a couple cases, though where the hair dryer had to be used.
>>
>> John Myers
>> Myers TV Service Company
>> 376 E. State St.
>> Alliance, OH 44601