[TechAssist] Re: Delivering TV's in cold weather.

  • From: "Jerome Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 23:49:09 -0500

There is also the problem of the person renting a video tape on the way home
from work. They get home, pop open a beer and pop the tape in the vcr and
hit the couch. In cold weather, moisture condenses on the tape, which cannot
be detected by the dew sensor. The spinning heads grab the tape and flip it
all over the place, ending up behind the heads, on the back side of the
pinch roller, or wrapped in many layers around the capstan. We advised the
customers to let the tape sit in the room for a half hour or so before
putting it in the vcr.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave Greenville SC 29609