[tcb] Re: running hot

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2006 10:01:44 -0500

also it seemed to of started when i put the correct peice of tin on the rear of the motor and put thehose that goes from the oil bath filter down to by the heat exchanger. could hot air comming in from that hose cause it to run hotter? like a detonation kinda thing?

From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: running hot
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 07:44:42 -0700 (PDT)

I agree, I would check the timing more than anything. Also check to make sure a cleaning rag didn't get sucked into the fan. I have never heard of having the windows open having anything to do with engine temp. Did you get the distributor and distributor drive installed correctly?

wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote: I ride with my jalousies open all the time, in rush hour even. No problem here. That bus with a new motor should do 65 all day long.

I suggest a tuning problem, assuming all your tin is there. Adjust your valves, check your timing, points, etc.

-----Original Message----- From: i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Sent: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 9:28 AM Subject: [tcb] Re: running hot

.AOLPlainTextBody { margin: 0px; font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif; font-size: 12px; color: #000; background-color: #fff; } .AOLPlainTextBody pre { font-size: 9pt; } .AOLInlineAttachment { margin: 10px; } .AOLAttachmentHeader { font: 11px arial; border: 1px solid #7DA8D4; background: #F9F9F9; } .AOLAttachmentHeader .Title { font: 11px arial; background: #B5DDFA; padding: 3px 3px 3px 3px; } .AOLAttachmentHeader .FieldLabel { font: 11px arial; color: #000000; padding: 1px 10px 1px 9px; background: #F9F9F9; } .AOLAttachmentHeader .FieldValue { font: 11px arial; color: #000000; background: #F9F9F9; } .AOLAttachmentHeader a, .AOLImage a { color: #2864B4; text-decoration: none; } .AOLAttachmentHeader a:hover, .AOLImage a:hover { color: #2864B4; text-decoration: underline; } body { background-color:
white; font-family: "Verdana"; font-size: 10pt; border: 0px; } .spell { padding-bottom:2px; background:yellow url(images/bg_spellingErr.gif) bottom left repeat-x; color:#000; } .spellHover { text-decoration:none; color:#b00; padding-bottom:2px; background:yellow url(images/bg_spellingErr.gif) bottom left repeat-x; } p { margin: 0px; padding: 0px; } img.managedImg { width: 0px; height: 0px; } img.placeholder { width: 275px; height: 206px; background: #F4F4F4 url(images/activityIndicator.gif) center center no-repeat; border: 1px solid #DADAD6 !important; } and yes the seal around the motor is new.