[tcb] Re: Welcome!

  • From: "Brian Denning" <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 10:24:22 -0600

IT'S FREAKING 40 DEGREES OUTSIDE ROLL DOWN THE WINDOW IF YOUR HOT!!!!

JEEZ!!!!

no seriously this is what i am looking into:

http://www.hotrodair.com/

they have a kit for a beetle but i have been looking and don't think it would be to hard to make it work on a bus.

From: Mike Selvey <sidecar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Welcome!
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 21:48:48 -0600

Hi Mark-

Yes, mine IS a "pop-top" Westy.  I have seen the cool "bellows" design
that puts a small AC unit above your cabin, and directs it thru the
"cathedral" screen into the bus at night.  Problem is, I can't run down
the road with it hooked up like that!

Mike Selvey

Nacogdoches, TX

'79 Westy (Santa Fe Edition)

Mark Sawyer wrote:

Is
yours a pop-top Westy. I have seen people cut a hole thru from the
cargo area and install a coleman roof A/C.

  Mike Selvey <sidecar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  Hi
Mark-

The A/C problem with my Westy is that the passengers are uncomfortable
while RIDING to the destination.  I've seen several nice setups for
once you're stopped and camping, but that's (unfortunatetly) not the
heart of my problem.

Thanks anyway!

Mike Selvey

'79 Westy (Santa Fe Edition)

Mark Sawyer wrote:

    We can show you ways of installing A/C in a bus!!!! I
personally use a 5000 BTU household window unit in my Vanagon. Keeps it
nice and cool.

Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version. Join now. http://ideas.live.com