[tabi] Re: Nova Plan

  • From: "Allison and Chip Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 13:41:27 -0400

Thanks William.

Just an FYI, last week, when I posted an article from the Democrat by Tamaran
Waters on the latest StarMetro listening session, I spoke with Ms. Waters
regarding some of the problems and the concerns raised here on TABI.  She
wasn't aware that transfers would be required across dangerous or difficult
traffic intersections, along with many other aspects of how the plan would
possibly effect the disabled.  she seemed very interested in writing a
follow-up piece, and seemed to indicate that she would speak to StarMetro about
issues such as the intersections being used as transfer points.

I haven't heard any more from her, and so don't know what the status is of her
follow-on article; however, if it's still in progress, as you say, it may be a
good opportunity to garner consessions from StarMetro if/when it's published.

hth,