[SS2S-Main] Re: Rocket help request

  • From: "James Jason Wentworth" <blackshire@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 16:43:26 -0900

Hello William,

Thank you for replying to my query.  Actually, I'm looking to replicate the
paper-cased, single-use Rapier jet motors that Dr. Jan Zigmund ("Dr. Z") makes
in the Czech Republic; they are "drop-in" replacements for Jetex motors, but
they can no longer be imported into the U.S. now that the Czech government has
re-classified them as fireworks rather than as smoke generators.  But there are
still many original Jetex motors (as well as the Japanese "Tiger" Jetex motors,
and the Jet-X motors of the 1990s) in use, and those modelers would welcome a
replacement propellant that would work in their motors.  Also, new Jetex-type
motors (particularly the steel-cased HT ["High-Thrust"] ones) would not be
difficult for a machine shop or a metal-working shop to make.  I will pass your
information along to the Jet-Ex-Press forum on Yahoo.com--thank you again!

-- Jason