[SS2S-Main] Re: Rocket help request

  • From: "James Jason Wentworth" <blackshire@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 16:16:49 -0900

Hello Roman,

I would very much appreciate that--Thank You!  I purchased one package of
Rapier L1 motors from "Shorty's Basement" (a U.S. hobby vendor that specializes
in Free-Flight model airplanes), and soon afterward they were unable to obtain
more Rapier motors because of the Czech government's re-classification of the
Rapier motors as fireworks.  If he could make arrangements to export his Rapier
motors to the USA and Canada again, the market here is very large, with great
potential for growth.

-- Jason
  Od: william colburn <space1space@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  Datum: 1. 1. 2014
  Předmět: [SS2S-Main] Re: Rocket help request

    Beware of the site on ebay that offered a formula for loading Jetex
Engines. They gave the Micrograin formula which would not only melt the
aluminum motor casing but probably would first disassemble it  instantaneously.

    Terry McElheran developed a castable formulation for Jetex. I have his
complete set of lab notebooks. I will search them for the right formulation.

    IIRC his formulation used AN which is a. not so available now and b. In AZ
worked fine but in higher humidities would show its hygroscopic nature.

    There are workarounds however for that one fault.

    More later.

    Gravity is a Stern Mistress..
    The Tick.