[SS2S-Main] Re: Rocket help request

  • From: william colburn <space1space@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <sugarshot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jan 2014 09:22:29 -0800 (PST)

Beware of the site on ebay that offered a formula for loading Jetex Engines.
They gave the Micrograin formula which would not only melt the aluminum motor
casing but probably would first disassemble it  instantaneously.

Terry McElheran developed a castable formulation for Jetex. I have his complete
set of lab notebooks. I will search them for the right formulation.

IIRC his formulation used AN which is a. not so available now and b. In AZ
worked fine but in higher humidities would show its hygroscopic nature.

There are workarounds however for that one fault.

More later.

Gravity is a Stern Mistress..
The Tick.