[studiorecorder] Re: large files

  • From: Curtis Delzer <curtis@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 18:18:58 -0800

Harry, that file size is the inherent size of the limitation of the *.wav format. It is not as though someone chose that size and we're limited to 3 hours and 22 minutes at 44,100Hz 16Bit stereo, it is a condition of the format, that is all.

At 10:41 AM 01/26/13, you wrote:
Hi Mary,
Thanks for the help, I sure appreciate it!
For anyone from APH, is there a reason why studio recorder can't work with bigger files than 2 gig? What you're going to have is, people having to split recordings up into who knows how many files, if the file you're recording is bigger than 2 gig, my goodness!
Whose idea was this to limit a recording to such a file size?
Harry