[studiorecorder] Re: large files

  • From: "Jayson Smith" <ratguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: studiorecorder@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2013 13:49:21 -0500

I think the reason for the limit is that two gigabytes is the maximum size
allowed by the official specification of wav files, and so that's what
Studio Recorder allows. From what I understand, programs that allow
larger files are breaking spec.

On a related subject, I know this might have to be in a read-only way as
you probably can't do this in realtime for editing, but I'd love it if SR
could support Flac files. Any chance of that?

Jayson