[startgroup] Re: START

  • From: "Mike Doyle" <mj.doyle1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <startgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 21:29:38 +0100

Thanks Chris, Sarah and Steve for your helpful responses.

I think the items are ideal areas for consideration when assessing strengths
and risks, but also for the assessment of physical, psychological, social and
political needs. As you know we are piloting the START to do this as part of
applying the health career model.

Initial feedback was good but the e-proforma we used (which included evidence
boxes, formulation and intervention sections), was felt to take too long and
many never fully completed it. In a sense we 'overcooked' the process as
previous version was broadly welcomed! Therefore, attempting to make
adjustments to make the process more efficient and practically useful. Will
feedback to the group in due course.

Another query; on average how long do people find the START takes to complete?

Thanks again.
Mike