[startgroup] Re: START

  • From: "Desmarais, Sarah" <sdesmarais@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <startgroup@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 05:37:21 -0700

Hi Mike,
As I understand it, they began with a list of ~50 variables. Through meetings
with a working group at St. Joseph's Hospital, consultation with staff and
other colleagues as well of review of the literature, they eventually rendered
this list down to the 20 items that are currently included.

I've attached the Webster et al. 2006 article we published in Behavioral
Sciences & the Law. It provides a more detailed explanation of the development
process, for those who are interested and haven't seen this article before.

Best,
Sarah L. Desmarais, Ph.D.

Junior Research Scientist, Forensic Psychiatric Hospital
BC Mental Health & Addiction Services

Post Doctoral Research Fellow, School of Population and Public Health
Postdoctoral Teaching Fellow, Department of Psychology
University of British Columbia