[sopvid] Re: Jane Ocharo's Presentation on Disability Mainstreaming

  • From: "Antony Mwakha Juma" <antonyjumah@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <sopvid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2014 22:28:02 +0300

Oh pole sana.
But sincerely speaking the persons concerned and the Nairobi university
administration at large should be taken to task on this issue.
Infect, it is a violation of the constitution which strictly opposes
discrimination of persons with disabilities.
How I wish this issue could be presented before the court of law or the human
right organization responsible on these issues. By all means this has to stop.
So I would request you kindly to collect all data and present them before the
KENYA NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS AND EQUALITY COMMISSION which is charged with
among other functions:
1. To promote the protection and observance of human rights in public and
private institutions.
2. To monitor, investigate and report on the observance of human rights in all
spheres of life in the republic, including observance by the national security
organs.
3. To receive and investigate complaints about alleged abuses of human rights
and take steps to secure appropriate redress where human rights have been
violated .
4. On its own initiative or on the basis of complaints, to investigate or
research a matter in respect of human rights and make recommendations to
improve the functioning of state organs.
5. To act as the principal organ of the state in ensuring compliance with
obligations under  treaties and conventions relating to human rights.
6. To investigate any conduct in state affairs, or any act or omission in
public administration in any sphere of government , that is alleged or
suspected to be prejudicial or improper, or to result in any impropriety or
prejudice.
7. To investigate complaints of abuse of power, unfair treatment, manifest
injustice or unlawful, oppressive, unfair or unresponsive official conduct.

How I wish SOPVID could take up such issue and follow them up.
The days of fighting single handed are long gone and those who think we
persons with disability are only to get favours and handouts should forget and
go and burn in hell!
We now have equal rights and opportunities like everyone else.
Juma.