[smee] Re: SMEE

  • From: "Barry Heiling" <bear@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 17:38:59 -0800

I understand and agree with the level information.  Let me share with you
some of my concerns.  I have been playing EQ for a long time and have often
run into things that frustrate me and put me close to quiting the game.
Frustration in finding a group when Aid was 29 almost caused me to quit the
game, frustration with guild politics caused me to remove all me characters
from guilds.  SMEE has been the one thing that has really rejuvinated my
enthusiasm for the game. I truly enjoy working on tradeskills and
merchanting trying to get things that will better our group.  So, if there
are things that SMEE is doing that is causing frustration for people then we
need to find an answer.  I did it many times in level 40, I will start to do
it again, but Darqlili found ways to cast her xp reduction spell.  I can be
39 again in no time to equalize the levels.  The most fun for me is had by
doing SMEE, if trying to "catch up" is causing SMEEers to get fed up with
the game, I am more than willing to hit reverse.   IMHO the only reason to
play the game is for fun with friends.  If we are failing in that goal, it
is time to fix it or quit it.  The game is time consuming and must be
enjoyable or all or it is a waste of time to continue what we are doing.
For me this has replaced playing D&D (a past obsession of mine) and I truly
enjoy the RPG aspect and interacting with a wide variety of people in the
game.  But as I told a guild leader, I am in this for fun and some am
totally disappointed that SMEE is doing stuff that is causing people to not
have fun.  I will do what ever everyone is up for, let me know.

> <I wholeheartedly support.   I only try to catch my alternate characters
up
> during off time.  I also need to start working on tradeskills.  But I
would
> definitely like us all to stay together.   If Kirnak and Allysa catch up
> before I get to level 51 and can use alternate advancement, I would
probably
> start to level Surpurr, who is by the way the greatest Beastlord in the
> norrathian world.  Definitely blows that wimp kreigorr out of the water.\
> Huh bear?

Surpurr who??  /em Kreigorr coughs up a furball in contempt of Surpurr's
ability!