[smee] Re: SMEE

  • From: VanDerLinden James G SSgt 534 TRS/DOBK <James.VanDerLinden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 17:57:25 -0000

Gildarr has both keys and an EB item.

-----Original Message-----
From: vputz@xxxxxxx [mailto:vputz@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2003 9:33 AM
To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [smee] Re: SMEE

Heiling Barry T Maj USAFE/DOXE <barry.heiling@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Just trying to make sure my database is up to date on everyone.  Please
> respond for all characters that are 40+ or that you consider a primary.
>
> Do you have an Enduring Breath item?
> Do you have Old Sebilis key (Trakanon Idol)?
> Do you have Howling Stones key (Charsis Key)?
> If not, do you have jade chokadai prod?  Xalgozian fang?

Flue and Rhysel: Yes, yes, yes.

> I will be a no-show for 19 Jan.  Hopefully, you will all be able to find
> something to do.

(chuckle)--we can probably manage, although without lili or rain, our
evac abilities are indeed limited (grin).  I will try to talk folks into
the Drolvarg Warlord camp in KC if no one has other suggestions--or if
Rhys/Darvalo get 46 we could try XP grinding in Pod/Pon/Poi--dicey
business but doable.

> Tentative plan for 26 Jan smee.  Start with Shield of banewarding quest
> battles.  Then, since we are in the area, take revenge for a previous
total
> SMEE wipeout.  The vampires in TM are due a little payback.

Sure, that should work fine.  I have enough phosphates for one anti-vamp
torch if anyone wants (1/24 weapon, but +9 vamp damage and +4 fire
damage for 14/24 if they don't save) and we can buy blessed stakes for
any pets depending on the pets-with-weapons rules (blessed stake is
2/23, +10 bane damage, so 12/23 vs vamps).

But before we tackle the big guys in the tower again, I think we should
try the Johanious Stake of Slaying quest, which is good vamp-hunting fun
and ends with a 4/21 piercer, +12 bane damage vs vamps.  Rhysel the
Vampire Slayer!  Some notes in Allakhazam on rogues BSing for >450 with
that (although reports vary, many folks say that the bane damage isn't
added to BS).  Straightforward beat-em-up quest in Tenebrous, and if
we can't handle that then we shouldn't play in the tower anyway.  Must
kill 11 vamps in about 8 minutes.

If we had  the patience, the Ashbringer quest would be great to see for
Tae (2hs, Pal only, 18/38, +10 bane vamp, +5fire, so with bad saves
33/38 vs vampyres; not bad)--but relies too much on  boring camping of
rare spawns.

Probably no Ent for that weekend, which means limited slowing ability
and mass CC.  This will make the "kill the 8 reanimated vah shir" part
of the shield of bane warding quest a bit dicey, but probably doable
just fine.  I can only occupy about 4 of them, but after some of the
remarkable pulls in Howling Stones, we should be fine.

-->VPutz