[smee] Re: SMEE

  • From: vputz@xxxxxxx (Victor B. Putz)
  • To: smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: 25 Feb 2002 09:59:31 -0700

First off: I have taken a great liberty and subscribed you all to our
very own mailing list.  If it turns out that we DON'T like it, then we
can go back to the wide-reply-to-all method, but I think this will be
simpler and more efficient... for example, if you want to send a message
to everyone, just lob an email to "smee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" and it'll get to
everyone (no more keeping lists of email addresses around).

Subscribing and unsubscribing is simple; if you want to stop recieving
email from the list to a given address, just send a message from that
address to "smee-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" with the subject
"unsubscribe"... likewise, to subscribe a new address, just mail from
that address to "smee-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" with the subject
"subscribe".

Let's at least try it for a bit.  Jon and I did some experimentation
last week and it was quite painless.  For now, just "reply" like you
normally do, and the transition should be seamless and easy.

Second off: if we're interested in voice chat again, Jon and I had great
success with "teamspeak" last Sunday--while the voice quality was not
perfect, it was pretty good as internet voice programs go, and appeared
to use very little bandwidth or CPU (no noticeable increases in the
lag-o-meter, no weird pauses, and good voice comm even during heated
battles while frame rate stuttered or while zoning).  The address is
www.teamspeak.net; you need to download the "client" program (not the
dedicated server).

I like TeamSpeak over Roger Wilco just because it more directly supports
multiple channels and the ability to whisper directly to one person (RW
may have added this recently, but it hadn't last time I
looked)... doesn't sound like a big deal now, but if we ever organize
large raids, that could be important.  Worth a shot, at least.  Jon
(Ent) will be the server for the near future.

Bel--Not meaning to tread on your territory here; I know you had RW set
up a few times.  Although one thing--when you are setting up a server
for something, your address isn't "192.168..." for anything that
connects to the internet.  Those numbers are reserved for private
networks, in other words what you're using to talk to your other
computers.

> Finished Rain Caller bow Quest.  Thanks for going into Kedge with me guys
> for Golden Hair Mermaid.

Heh.  So you wait until I log off to go to one of the places I've been
trying to talk the group into for weeks.  I see how it is!  (grin).

> Caller only has 5 charges. Once they are gone their gone.

Is it not rechargeable via mana batteries or anything?

> Sunday was variety day for SMEE.  It started out in Sol B with Hak, Ent,
> Flue and Aid taking and holding the fort at the king-priest-champion
> area.

I think that I now understand the layout of this dungeon well enough to
get to KPC/window room without too much difficulty.  My printer was
running out of ink and left out some fairly critical lines... I may
actually get some use out of the bind-sight spell on Bel while he pulls
to get a better idea of dungeon layouts sometimes...

> Bel also
> dinged 43, which he lost as we tried to exit KK and met with disaster.  Ent
> gated, Bel died, Sacor FDed and Hak and Jum made it to zone.  The CR was
> time consuming but eventually Bel and Sacor were able to exit KK.  Bel was
> able to reding 43 while turning in an item on his quest.

Okay, so maybe I'm glad I missed that (grin).

> If you need
> items from a them please provide them with the materials or the plat to
> cover materials (Ent can buy materials cheaper than any of us).

Ahem?  (grin)

> Taeaen and I will not be available for SMEE this week.  Rumor has it that
> Bel and Sacor may also be a no show this weekend.  So please plan
> accordingly.

Hmmm.  That leaves myself, Ent, Hak.  A bit thin, but we can come up
with something even if it involves snoozing in Sol B to try and catch up
with you fast-burners...

(I've got a whole other message coming about that, BTW--heh)

-->VPutz
[Fluellen Cadwaladr]