[slackintosh-users] Re: new Slackintosh user

  • From: DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 15:14:15 -0500

Marco Bonetti wrote:
On 2/27/07, DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Sorry so late, I was gone for a few days. I grabbed and loaded the
kernel you pointed to and I have a login prompt, thanks.

I will try to get setup run tonight and see where I end up.
this sound interesting, if any of you could provide detailed
instructions (either on a personal webpage or, better, on slackintosh
wiki[1]) about how to set up an oldworld machine will receive much
appreciation (and eternal glory, obviously) :-)

ciao

[1] yes, adrian wrote one: http://workaround.ch:81/kakiwaki

Well I got a chance this afternoon, didn't take long. I downloaded and placed the Debian kernel, started BootX, selected the kernel and wa-la. I have Linux. I setup my swap and root partitions using mac-fdisk and proceeded to run setup, swap and / are working and the installer proceeded to install from the CD....

Can't find my CDROM drive, tried every option, no joy. Can I add a kernel option in BootX to locate my cd drive? (Mac system profiler says it is on ATA1, ID 0).

Thanks,

DAve

Veterans?