[slackintosh-users] new Slackintosh user

  • From: DAve <dave.list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: slackintosh-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:48:19 -0500

Good evening,

I've just tried to install Slackintosh on a Old World 266 G3.
I followed the instructions from this message,

//www.freelists.org/archives/slackintosh-users/07-2006/msg00002.html

First I tried the kernel and initrd from here,

http://workaround.ch/pub/slackintosh/10.2/boot

That however left me stuck at a blank screen with Tux in the top left corner. I then tried the stable 2.6 kernel from here,

http://www.ppckernel.org

I still get a freeze up. I've used NetBSD on 040 macs in the past so I think I have BootX configured properly. I had run Slackware quite a bit in the past on i386 with great success(last version was 7) but recently I've been working with FreeBSD and Solaris so maybe I have missed something that changed in the last few years.

I did run through the list archives but I didn't see anything other than the links I posted above. Any suggestions? Any additional info I can provide?

Thanks, I am looking forward to getting this up, I have a real need for Lyx.

DAve

Veterans?