[SI-LIST] Re: What is the acceptable minimum pre-preg thickness for volume manufacturing?

  • From: "Hill, John" <John.Hill@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <aminotg@xxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:32:49 -0400

Gilles,

Check out FaradFlex. It starts at 1 mil (BC24, 24 micron) and yields a
capacitance of 1nF per square inch.=20

http://www.oakmitsui.com/pages/advancedTechnology/faradFlex.asp

However, I am concerned for the self-resonance frequency of the Path
Antenna formed when using the higher Dielectric materials. After talking
with one of our RF guys, he expects the frequency to be lower due to
slower propagation speeds. It will make the patch look bigger
electrically and lower the self-resonance frequency.

Best regards,

John

=20

---------------------------------------
The information in this email and attachments hereto may contain legally =
privileged, proprietary or confidential information that is intended for =
a particular recipient. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the =
employee or agent responsible for delivery of this message to the =
intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, =
copying, distribution, retention or use of the contents of this e-mail =
information is prohibited and may be unlawful. When addressed to Takata =
customers or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail is =
subject to the terms and conditions in the governing contract, if =
applicable. If you have received this communication in error, please =
immediately notify us by return e-mail, permanently delete any =
electronic copies of this communication and destroy any paper copies.