[SI-LIST] Re: What is the acceptable minimum pre-preg thickness for volume manufacturing?

  • From: "Kenneth W. Egan" <kegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2006 14:02:19 -0500

Not necessarily.

I reviewed the patents cited in the article, and the claims are DISTINCTLY
different. Some were claiming multiple electrodes (planes) different core
sizes.

Zycon's patent was different, and since its been licensed to other
manufacturers, somewhat validates the patent, since they would be remiss not
to argue prior art rather than pay licensing fees for 17 years.

Often it is the case, where a concept seems to be prior art, but isn't.

No I don't work for Sanmina, nor am validating Zycon's (Sanmina's) ZBC
patent.

KWE