[SI-LIST] Re: Parallel Inductor in Capacitor !!!

  • From: steve weir <weirsi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Rohit MISHRA <rohit.mishra@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2011 00:25:56 -0700

Rohit, inductance, capacitance, resistance, and conductance are abstract
properties.  They are very useful to understand concepts and dominant
behaviors.

Objects in the real world don't consist of lumped R-L-C-G elements.
Passive linear devices exhibit behaviors that can be usefully
approximated with models built using combinations of R-L-C-G elements.
The more precisely we wish to model and the wider the frequency range we
wish to represent real device behavior across, the more R-L-C-G elements
we need to put in the models.  That particular model happens to have
five branches.  At some loss in accuracy it could have had fewer branches.

Steve.

--
Steve Weir
IPBLOX, LLC