[SI-LIST] Re: On-die caps for IO supply

  • From: "Chris Cheng" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Stephane Tremblay" <strembl1@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 10:31:44 -0700

I don't think you will like my answer but my experience is fill it up =
with as much capacitor your technology people allow.
If you are core limited, you are SOL to begin with.
If you are pad limited, just fill the gap between the core and pad area =
with decoupling cap before the yield police or the core power =
distribution guy wants to take it for himself.
It will take a lot more than "XXX from Si-list recommended this" to grow =
your die to fit anything more than the above.