[SI-LIST] Re: On-die caps for IO supply

  • From: "Stephane Tremblay" <strembl1@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Vinu Arumugham'" <vinu@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:22:08 -0400

Vinu,

    I like your idea of symmetrically reference the signal to a ground and a
vddio plane. I do understand the benefits of doing so. On a typical package
stackup, it also means that instead of having (representing only 3 layers of
interest) SIG-GND-PWR, you would change to GND-SIG-PWR. Doing so will
realize your plan but it will increase the loop inductance from PWR to GND.

Can anyone comment on this practice? Anyone ever tried that?

Thanks for the help,
Steph.