[SI-LIST] Re: On-die caps for IO supply

  • From: "Kenneth W. Egan" <kegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'Chris Cheng'" <Chris.Cheng@xxxxxxxx>, <leeritchey@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'Stephane Tremblay'" <strembl1@xxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 14:05:07 -0500

For UMC .18u standard CMOS technology, we've found that the device cap is
about 8.8ff/um^2. In .25u process its about 5-6ff/um^2.
100pF would then be about 11000um^2, assuming a .18um process node.

For 100+ channels this is 1million um^2. ( i.e. 1mm x 1mm die area just for
decoupling i/o)

Kenneth W. Egan
Chief Technology Officer
Vizionware, Inc.