[SI-LIST] Re: Layer Stackup

  • From: "Brown, Mike (Austin, TX)" <mibrown@xxxxxx>
  • To: <Aubrey_Sparkman@xxxxxxxx>, <mkhusid@xxxxxxxxxx>,<david.kaushansky@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 09:44:58 -0600

My thoughts when I saw the stackup was that 2 more P/G layers closely =
coupled to the planes under signal 1 and 12 would be a good thing. As =
in:

Sig 1
P/G
thin dielectric
G/P
Sig 2
.
.
.
Sig 11
P/G
thin dielectric
G/P
Sig 12

This will minimize the distribution impedance to components mounted on =
either side of the board.  Even if the board is single-sided, the second =
PG pair is needed to maintain symmetry in the stackup.

Mike