[SI-LIST] Re: Layer Stackup

  • From: "Steven M. Waldstein" <swldstn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calixlnguyen@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <chris.mcgrath@xxxxxxxx>,<si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 22:09:08 -0500

I have a follow up question.

My experience with other is that they prefer a stackup
more like

Signal
Ground
Signal
Pwr 1
Pwr 2
Signal
Ground
Signal

This is only an 8 layer example but I've been told they prefer
this to
Signal
Ground
Signal
Pwr 1
Ground
Signal
Pwr 2
Signal

Because all signals are uniformly reference to ground. And a signal
that has to go in both x and y stays reference to the same ground
plane. They prefer this and don't have to rely on local decoupling
when a signal changes layer to give the propeper return path.

Any comments about this or feedback.

Steve
swldstn@xxxxxxxxxxxx