[SI-LIST] Re: How to properly simulate signal integrity across PCBs interconnected by Flex?

  • From: "Curt McNamara" <CurtM@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Loyer, Jeff" <jeff.loyer@xxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 12:20:40 -0500

I considered this a systems level question (are there significant issues
around bussing a clock to multiple boards). My answer was based on this,
and reflects practical experience designing, testing, and debugging such
systems. If Jean-Pierre can re-think the design to keep clocks off the
cables he will have an easier time of it.

As I and others have noted, flex cable interfaces can be designed to
accommodate high speed signals. It has been my experience that the fewer
of these you have the better.=20

                                        Curt

Curt McNamara, P.E. // senior electrical engineer=20
Logic Product Development
411 Washington Ave. N. Suite 400
Minneapolis, MN 55401
T // 612.436.5178
F // 612.672.9489
www.logicpd.com=20
protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should
copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.