[SI-LIST] Re: EMI simulation tools at PCB level

  • From: "giancarlo guida" <gguida@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <beneken@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 09:26:28 +0100

Hi Scott,
you are right there is a way to import
Gerber in To Ansoft 3D tool
by using a 3d part code.

Anyway Gerber is far the last choice to perform an EM analysis,
because it contains just geometrical information
and it was intended to phisically build a pcb rather than
to be a neutral format to exchange information.

Ansoft user can take advantage from Ansoftlink
that provide an automatic integration between
Cadence, Nentor, Zuken and Synopsis layout toll
either for package and PCB.

GIancarlo