[SI-LIST] Re: Do you ever measure any of the things you model?

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <si-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 23:27:10 -0700

Chris,

Theoretically good suggestions.

In practice, however, if I was still at my previous employer, I would
say something like this:  Converting the internal SPICE models to HSPICE
was pushed below the ZBB line, but even if it is done here and there,
reducing the higher number of transistor model parameters in the =
internal
models to the fewer available parameters in HSPICE causes accuracy
degradation, so use it at your own risk.   It is also hard to find a
big enough stick to push the ZBB line around...

In my current employment situation I would ask the question, why HSPICE,
why not encrypted Eldo transistor models?  It is just as good, if not
better than HSPICE...  And I am sure others may step in here with their
favorite SPICE flavor too.

Also, most model consumers would probably feel that it is not their
responsibility to make models for the products they are purchasing
from their parts suppliers...

I am not trying to argue with you saying the above, I just want to
illustrate my agreement on the point that life is not perfect.

Arpad
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D