[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: west locations

  • From: Ken Tank <tanksr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2015 10:35:22 -0800

I remember arriving at the Denver National and talking to Kent. His drive
was 100 miles shorter than hours.
I love the Denver site and it had the best host hotel of any National,
IMHO, but it is not West.

From the Encyclopedia Brittanica: The West, region, western U.S., mostly
west of the Great Plains and including, by federal-government definition,
Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico,
Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming.
I think the spirit of the idea is to service the members. It's very easy to
determine where most of the members are in the true west and try to stick
it in the middle.

As for airports, it really doesn't matter if it's a hub or not, what
matters is the availability of direct flights to/from the rest of the US
and the ability to handle 500 crates. We should also try to stay within an
hour of these airports.

Ken