[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: was ADVERTISING PC WEBSITE, question, Breeder's Code

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: LauraEG@xxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 10:02:18 EDT

I did some research into what other breeds had in their codes and sent to
Jamie, Tish and I think Dania during the talk about changes during and
immediately following the Hunte affair.  (I know others did too.)

I'm going by memory but I seem to remember the Poodle and Rottie clubs had
some real "teeth".  But that info is all on the web at various PC  sites.

The feeling at the time was that GSD people are independent and would NEVER
 go for it.  Comparisons were made to the German style of breed wardens,
and  pretty much the sentiment "they are my dogs and I'll do whatever I damn
well  please" prevailed.  Other members said their were bad apples in the
bunch,  and as long as even the minimal requirements were ignored by some
signers, they  weren't going to participate. Then there was the suggestion that
new code,  much more stringent than the current code be created and
breeders that  signed be given a special designation , i.e. "Elite Breeders" or
something to  that affect.

But, for what it's worth, whatever the powers that be want to come up with,
 I'll sign it and abide by it.

As far as teeth, we all know you can't please everyone all of the  time.
I'll tell you how my industry (insurance) handles  service complaints; if a
client has a gripe, they are asked to put it in  writing.  The person being
complained about is notified, given a copy of  the complaint has the
opportunity to answer in writing.  A review  panel then reviews everything and
makes
a recommendation.  No action is  taken until the complaint is reviewed.
Just a thought off the top of my  head, but w/ the PC, if the reviewing
committee members decided the BC signer  was in the wrong then they lose their
BC
privileges.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
visit www.geocities.com/pinehillgsds

In a message dated 5/15/2009 8:35:54 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
LauraEG@xxxxxxx writes:

These  are excellent questions, what kind of teeth should we  put in it?
If
you have a complaint against you, you are removed until the   complaint is
satisfied?  Suspend membership until satisfied? or  suspend  membership if
not
satisfied?

Steps! (http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1221823239x1201398650/aol?
redir=http://www.freecreditreport.com/pm/default.aspx?sc=668072&hmpgID=62&bcd=May