[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: unite

  • From: TLSGSD@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, RFWFORGSD@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 11:27:55 EST

In a message dated 2/8/2007 11:04:07 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
We are  told that none of the people who voted yes on the Hunte
membership will  change their votes.  If that is true, I can only wonder
why reason  and common sense seem to have eluded them.  It is as plain as
can be  that no one wants this man in our club except possibly a very few
people  who may think there is something to gain personally from
associating with  him.  It has to be personal gain, because it is certain
that the  GSDCA will only be harmed by allowing this membership to remain
in  effect.  There is no reason why Hunte's membership should have been
approved in the first place...threats of law suits, implied or in fact,
and insurance liabilities have all been blown away.  Using the  by-laws
as an excuse holds no water, either...the man stands for  everything that
is anathema to the dog fancy.

Such a sad state of affairs - however, an issue like  this should be voted on
by the ENTIRE board if there is a revote - even if the  Yes voters won't
change - there is still one member who didn't vote and the  President who could
only vote if there were a tie - sooooo, maybe they would be  the No votes
needed?  The situation need to be addressed and remedied - as  Peggy has
contact
with many more of the other breed clubs than a lot of us do -  she knows how
others out there feel about our club.

Terri  Stout

_Cresthaven  Kennels_ (http://cresthavenkennels.com/)