[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: unite

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx, the list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 06:47:51 -0800 (PST)

And I will say again, I will not resign this instant.  I will however consider
not renewing if this matter is not dealt with by the end of the year.

  Not having any dog to show any more has a lot to do with my feelings. (One of
my pups has lupus, I will not breed any of them so I am out of the ring, likely
forever)  I not only have no dogs to show and breed, but I feel the club has
made a move that if compounded, will be the beginning of the end of showing
dogs.  The AR's are going to latch onto this and things are going to get very
ugly.

  It is both together, not just Hunte.

  I work as a dog trainer, I have to see people from many angles.  But Hunte is
black and white.  HE BROKERS IN DOGS.  We are supposed to be opposed to that,
en mass, as he does it.  It is one thing for Kent to buy a litter and sell them
later after he has assessed the litter.  I doubt he incerates the ones that
don't work out.   But to see anyone who is involved with showing and breeding
align themselves with a person whose very business damages what we are supposed
to be about, that gets very close to black and white real fast for me.

  I can see nothing good coming of this matter.  Even if we do manage to get
him out, much damage has been done.  Read that post that is going around the
other breed chat groups, we are in real trouble here.  It won't go away either.

  He is in right now, even if he is booted out, it is like saying "I am not a
crook", all anyone will remember is that he was/is in our club.

  I see nothing good coming of this.  And as a trainer, it damages my
reputation to discuss the matter with lay folk.  And it will come up.

  I tell clients who get pet shop dogs that while they love this one, they
should never ever ever go near such a place again.  And they always tell me how
much they spent at the vets for the first month.  Then they do the math and
realize I know what I am talking about.

  Now, with Hunte in the GSDCA, I can't discuss the GSDCA!!!!!
  sheila

Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx wrote:
          In a message dated 2/7/2007 7:55:03 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx writes:
  The board has split us apart.  To stay if the situation is not remedied will
only foster the notion that we are ok with this.

No they haven't.  How can everything be so black and white Sheila?  Intelligent
people looked at the same set of facts and came to different conclusions.
Doesn't that ever happen in your family or perhaps in your place of business?

  How can you learn and grow in life if you don't take a step back and at least
understand or attempt to understand the position an opposing side has taken?
I'm not saying you change your mind, although that can happen, but honestly,
you miss learning a lot when you don't know where people are coming from.  (In
sales, for instance, if I didn't know that first, I could never hope to make
the sale!  That doesn't mean I like what I learn or that I want to have dinner
with my prospect, but knowledge is always power.)

  So, NO, IMO the board hasn't split anything apart and I sincerely hope those
who are so darned concerned with what "others" think show a little class and
present a united front instead of hanging those they don't agree with out to
dry. I was raised that you don't air dirty linen in public.

  Kathy
member GSDCA, DVGSDC
three generations of Dual Titled TC'd Champions live here!
visit Pine Hill German Shepherd Dogs

Be a PS3 game guru.