[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: stomping, cheering crowds

  • From: TCYPRESS@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:38:13 EST

In a message dated 1/25/2005 11:47:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Gsdman2@xxxxxxx writes:
the crowd is clapping for or against any of the dogs.  It is the excitement
of
the competition that everyone is drawn in by. It is also that which drew most
people to the show in the first place, and it is what will bring them back
next
year.

Tom Langlitz

for many man years we have experienced silence when the best dog but not the
popular dog goes around the ring.i attribute it to the thoughts of these
people thinking they have the power to influence the judge no matter whets in
there, jealousy of not breeding the better dog and just plain old ignorance.if
judge makes a decision because of the silence and chooses the crowds opinion it
only shows his or hers ignorance and disrespect to those showing good dogs
under this judge..you need to not show under this judge again.
people should not get too emotional over ignorant judges.
my motto is get even.be quiet,be patient and keep on plugging.laugh it off
and make a better decision the next time.think of it as an education.
i remember at an all breed show showing bitches.it was only a 2 pt show and
not allot of spectators around the ring in dogs.all of a sudden there was allot
of people by the ring from other breeds congregating..there was this bitch
that needed 2pts to finish.we had the clear winner and the judge knew it.when
the bitch went around there was a deafening noise of clapping,whistling etc.i
did all i could but couldn't hold back and started laughing out loud.it was too
funny.our bitch did her thing ,a few clapped but i didn't stop laughing.the
bitch won we got the reserve and i was still laughing.the bitch wasn't a good
one and evidently was the judge either.the bad thing about it all it gets a ch.
title  and gets bred to another slug.thats whets sad about it all.we have top
dogs making these producing lists because of these slugs its a shame.Our clubs
 constitution states we are together for "the betterment of the breed" not a
handler.breeder or a owner with too much money to spend.
our breed is popular because of the dog not one handler or his rich
owners.he's there because of the cash he's withdrawing from these people .Those
that
think differently need to wake up.

tom