[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: show site & region definitions

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx, Pdragon4@xxxxxxx, kleinkauf2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 08:03:09 EDT

In a message dated 5/12/2007 8:45:31 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx writes:
so  i don't know if we have it defined  anywhere what states fit   into which
regions.  if we do, i'd  like
to know where the  definition can be   found.
The following is where all the nationals have been since 1970.......
consider mid as central as per the most recent maps.
1970   -  Denver,  Co                       Mid
1971   - Detroit,  MI                         Mid
1972   - Atlanta, GA (Stone  Mtn)    East
1973   - Seattle,  WA                        West
1974 -  Dallas,  TX                            Mid
1975   - Louisville,  KY                        Mid
1976 -   Niagara Falls,  NY                East
1977  -  Anaheim,  CA                    West
1978  -  Kansas City,  MO                Mid
1979  -  Niagara Falls,  NY                 East
1980  -   Cincinnati,  OH                    Mid
1981  -  Tulsa,  OK                           Mid
1982  -  Cleveland,  OH                    Mid
1983  -  Philadelphia,  PA                   East
1984  -  Tempe,  AZ                          West
1985 -   St. Louis,  MO                      Mid
1986  -  Atlanta,  GA                        East
1987  -  Burbank,  CA                        West
1988  -  Houston,  TX                        Mid
1989  -  Philadelphia,  PA                   East
1990  -  Anaheim,  CA                        West
1991  -  Houston,  TX                        Mid
1992  -  Perry,  GA                            East
1993 -  Scottsdale,  AZ                      West
1994 -  Perry,  GA                              East
1995  -  Burbank,  CA                        West
1996 -  Lexington,  KY                        Mid
1997  -  Perry  GA                              East
1998  -  Perry,  GA                            East
1999  -  Del Mar,  CA                         West
2000  -  Columbus,  OH                       Mid
2001  -  Perry,  GA                            East
2002 -  Lake St. Louis,  MO                Mid
2003  -  Daytona Beach,  Fl                East
2004  -  Albany,  OR                            West
2005  -  Concord,  NC                          East
2006  -  Lake St. Louis,  MO                Mid
2007  -  Ft. Collins,  CO                        Mid   (west???)
2008  -  Beaumont,  TX                          Mid
2009  -  Springfield, Oh    Mid  (but being called east)

It would appear we are really short on west nationals with only 9 out  of 40
being in that zone so Evan's message indicating we need to go  west seems very
warranted.
18 were or will be held in the middle or central area, 13 in the  east.  Ft
Collins being clearly east of the great divide should be a  mid zone.  It
appears there was a "relaxed" pattern for many for  several years of mid, mid
east
then west, slightly broken up but not  clearly defined.   The survey in 2004
by the board  indicated the choice of east, central, west, central and got the
most  votes.  It seems like a fair assessment.  The survey and its  maps were
also moved and adopted by the board, so I think they need to  look at the
pattern of adoption and the division of zones.
In 40 years there has only been 1 national in Florida, and they  have the 3rd
I believe highest membership state.   I think we  should re think
Jacksonville if it has everything to offer, or at least  take a look at it -
AND I think
we should be looking for something in  California.
Just some more facts to consider.
Molly

Trillia  German Shepherds since 1974
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont,  Life member CKC
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog  biscuits in your pocket
and then give him only two of  them>>>>Phil  Pastoret