[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: show site & region definitions

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Margery Golant <mgolant@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pdragon4@xxxxxxx, kleinkauf2@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 07:41:36 -0700 (PDT)

I think when ever you have the national in the most Southern part of the
country it should take place in Nov. More Northerly areas should take place in
early Oct. to give everyone who is driving a better chance of good driving
conditions. Or example if this years national were being held in Late Nov. I
would not attend. Way too much chance of heavy snows coming and going.
<hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:   We seem to have two committees that want
to operate independently of the
Board and make decisions they are really not entitled to make,..the B&F and
the Exec. commitees( does anyone notice a pattern and who are the common
denominators). The ring leader(s) need to be identified. Those who can't
work within the system need to come to grips with the fact that perhaps
they are not capable of woking within the structure of the PC and that
being on the Board may not be for them. At first I was not in favor of the
Daytona site, we went and we had a great time. I heard rumblings of concern
about jacksonville becuase the National is during hurricane season, after
Katrina, some might consider that a factor.If the site is that great it
should be visited. Perhaps a compromise would be to have the National in
early Nov or late Oct, ( like it used to be anyhow) when the hurricane
season is not quite a volatile. Christine

hckryhillgsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Steve and Christine Grainger
WWW.HICKORYHILLGSD.COM

; ;
> Date: 5/12/2007 10:04:47 PM
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: show site & region definitions
>
> Just to set the record straight, there never was a meeting where
> Jacksonville was discussed and rejected, and the Board never visited the
> site. Joan presented the Jacksonville site at the April 2006 Board
Meeting,
> positively raved about it, and suggested that we do a site visit and that
> the July meeting be held there. There was no objection, and we were going
> there. I thought that was great. Here in Florida we have young and small
> clubs who would really benefit from a Jacksonville National. The weather
at
> that time of year is terrific - warm but not hot, there are two major
> airports within a comfortable drive (Orlando and Atlanta), good roads, an
> easy drive from most of the Southeast, and Joan was really excited about
the
> site. Since it happens that my daughter lives in Jacksonville and my
> birthday is in July, we even made plans for a birthday get-together while
we
> were there for the site-visit / Board meeting.
> I was very surprised when we were informed that we were NOT going to be
> going to Jacksonville after all, that the Executive Committee had nixed it
> in favor of Columbus. I didn't understand it then, don't understand it
now.
> Even if Columbus was another good site, worthy of serious consideration,
> there was no reason not to see them both and then decide, but it was taken
> off the table before we got the chance.
>
> For the record, Orlando International is one of the country's largest
> airports. It has direct service by all the major airlines, Delta,
American,