[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: leaving

  • From: PAGAIRS@xxxxxxx
  • To: jube@xxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 15:07:24 EST

In a message dated 1/3/2005 1:47:34 PM Central Standard Time, jube@xxxxxxxx
writes:
> I belong to the StLouis GSDclub &an allbreed club. Agility trials have put
> us in the red for the pass 3 yrs at the allbreed club. We had our first
> Rally match in Sept &had a huge entry. It seems people want to do things
> with their dog that is fun & one on one. Rally obedience is going to be a
> wonderful moneymaker for all clubs. Specialty clubs should offer this for
> allbreeds to bring in the moolah!! It is the up& coming thing to title your
> dog &the average person can do it. We are holding classes this month as
> the first Rally shows are at the end of Jan &I have 2 dogs in conformation
> &1 in Rally that I am doing myself &I am old!!!!

I think alot of clubs should look into the Rally...I plan on doing it with
Crissy to get her performance title she needs for her AOE.  I cant do the
agility...due to a bad knee...but I can do the Rally...and its seems to be a
heck of
alot more fun than the rigid work for a CD. Right now she is in novice
obedience which should be a good foundation for the Rally.  Specialty clubs
have to
start going where the money is and I also think the Rally could bring in extra
income.

Patty Szymczak
www.pagairsgsd.com